Thursday, October 05, 2006

 

Holy Crap

From the Drudge Report:

"According to two people close to former congressional page Jordan Edmund, the now famous lurid AOL Instant Message exchanges that led to the resignation of Mark Foley were part of an online prank that by mistake got into the hands of enemy political operatives, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

According to one Oklahoma source who knows the former page very well, Edmund, a conservative Republican, goaded an unwitting Foley to type embarrassing comments that were then shared with a small group of young Hill politicos. The prank went awry when the saved IM sessions got into the hands of political operatives favorable to Democrats.

The primary source, an ally of Edmund, adamantly proclaims that the former page is not a homosexual. The prank scenario was confirmed by a second associate of Edmund. Both are fearful that their political careers will be affected if they are publicly brought into the matter.

The news come on the heels that Edmund has hired former Timothy McVeigh attorney, Stephen Jones.

Developing..."


I'm getting a headache. Every day something huge comes out and it turns the whole Foley story around. I'll tell you what, maybe we should all wait a few days before we discuss this Foley thing because it's clear that not all of the facts are straight yet. Any of us could go either way in a matter of days.

So who is the real lawbreaker now? The person who set this trap? It's getting quite confusing, lets sit and let things unfold.

Comments:
Sounds good to me. This whole issue is quickly turning into something I don't really care about any more.
 
This is total nonsense. It's a LAME effort by "political operatives" favorable to Republicans to spin this in such a way as to lay the blame on Democrats. It won't work.
 
Sigh. Dervish. He's like that kid on the playground in third grade who keeps whining at you no matter what you do. You know the type I mean. The ones who think they're really cool but no one wants to hang out with.
 
I have never seen someone just blow off more news stories than dervish. He's just a paranoid nutcase.
 
Robert M. Said... Sigh. Dervish. He's like that kid on the playground in third grade...

What you said has nothing to do with what I posted. Ignored. Your insults follow a very predictable pattern. Either other readers are supposed to look at what I have to say and remember that when they vote, or I should "grow up". Your attacks are quite LAME. And they're getting boring.

Cody O. Said. I have never seen someone just blow off more news stories than dervish. He's just a paranoid nutcase.

Something from the "Drudge Report" doesn't qualify as a "news story". They traffic in rumors and gossip. Also, I tend not to believe Conservative propaganda -- that doesn't make me "paranoid" or a "nutcase".

Give me a break! Neither of you ever believe any of the articles I post. Either it's opinion or lies.

You're saying this because I didn't believe the "war on Christmas" story from Robert M.'s blog? That's 2 stories! And I wouldn't even count the "drudge report", since (as I've already stated) their "story" doesn't qualify as news.

Those are the reasons you're saying you've never seen someone "blow off" more news stories than me? How ridiculous.

The Drudge Report is a website hosted by Matt Drudge, which features occasional salacious rumors about politicians and celebrities. Drudge relies heavily on information from Republican party operatives and has repeatedly broadcast claims that were later proven false. (sourcewatch)
 
So Foley resigned, came out, admitted to being an alcoholic, and stated that he was abused by a priest...over something that wasn't true? That doesn't seem likely to me. Not to mention more pages are coming forward to say that they were involved in similar situations. Interesting.
 
Also, reading the past few articles, you are making an argument about how this wasn't "cyber sex" and therefore he couldn't have done anything wrong. Soliciting sex from a minor is also illegal and I believe that is the accusation. Just so you know.
 
Like I said, I'm not going to debate this topic for a few days until the facts come out. I'm getting tired of debating rumours. I'm going to write about something different today.
 
There's more from the drudge report, which I also posted about. Seems the page was not a minor after all! Heh! Here's a link:
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashmfa.htm
 
yeah I heard, this thing is getting less and less like a scandal and more and more like a smear.
 
Find a source other than the Drudge Report to show as evidence. I've searched for it in Google News, which searches in hundreds of News sources, I see no sign of it.
 
Yeah yeah dervish, Republicans are evil, blah blah blah.

Anyway, I have no idea who's right or wrong on this one. I just know that even if this story was true, it wouldn't change my opinion. The guy still could have said no even if this story was true.
 
That's because Drudge is cutting edge, it'll probably be common knowledge in a few days.
 
Even the article about the page being 18 that you cited says that the conversations took place BEFORE and after his 18th birthday. That means he wasn't always 18 and therefore doesn't really change the situation.
 
"A network source explains, messages with the young man and disgraced former Congressman Foley took place before and after the 18th birthday."

That could mean a few days or a few months, who knows. The facts are still coming out. I could go either way depending on what new news is released.
 
It doesn't matter if it was a day before. Under 18 is under 18.
 
assuming he started out with sexually explicit conversations from the start (which we don't know yet) then I take back everything I've said. But the fact is we don't know, that's why we should let the FBI do their investigation while commentators like me let them do their job and drop the story for a while.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?